Need to send a cease and desist letter?
If you want to stop someone from doing something you believe they do not have authorization to do, your first step is usually to send a cease and desist letter.
- Breach of Contract. If someone is breaching a contract, whether it be business, real estate, or otherwise, you could send them a letter telling them to cease and desist their breach.
- Libel or Slander. When someone makes false and damaging statements about you, either in writing or orally, you should tell them to cease and desist.
- Trademark or Copyright Infringement. If a business or individual is using your mark or your copyrighted material without your permission, your first step is to tell them to cease and desist.
- Debt Collection. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act protects you from being harassed by debt collection agencies. Once you send them a C&D they're only allowed to contact you in special circumstances. (Sending a C&D to a debt collector doesn't forgive your debt. They can still sue you to collect the debt.)
- Stalking. Florida Statutes 784.048 defines stalking as "A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree."
- Other types of activities. If someone is encroaching or trespassing on your property, invading your privacy in other ways, or pretty much doing anything they're not authorized by you to do, then you can send them a cease and desist letter.
For what reasons might I send or receive a cease and desist letter?
How can Taft Street help me with my cease and desist letter?
We offer two different levels of Cease and Desist letter assistance:
- C&D Letter Only - $200
For this option, you will submit all of the pertinent information on the form below, and we'll send out your cease and desist letter through certified mail with the full force of the Taft Street Law Firm behind it.
- C&D Letter + Phone Call - $250
With option two we will also reach out to the recipient via phone call and explain that you have retained us to handle this matter. Often times a phone call along with the letter can get you what you want a bit faster.
**If you often send multiple cease and desist letters a month, give us a call at 833-823-8529 and speak to one of our Virtual Corporate Counsel℠ about other potential options.
Florida Cease and Desist Lawyer
Enter your text here
Enter your text here
Florida Business Advice Attorneys
Florida Business Formation Attorneys
Florida Small Business Attorneys
Florida Start Your Business Attorneys
Did you receive a cease and desist letter?
If the activity you would like to cease is online, such as copyright or trademark infringement, sometimes it's better to send the cease and desist letter to an ISP or a web hosting company. If you can show them that the infringer is violating their terms of service, they may remove the content.
If you have received a cease and desist letter and you need to respond to it, give us a call at (833) 823 - 8529 and one of our Virtual Corporate Counsel attorneys will be happy to assist, or you can fill out the free consultation form below.